We have two vessels that each can carry up to 149 passengers. The Glacier Spirit is a 90-foot aluminum catamaran built by Mavrik Marine and the Valdez Spirit is an 82-foot aluminum catamaran built by All American Marine. Both of our vessels are United States Coast Guard inspected and have enough life jackets and life rafts on board for everyone, including children’s sizes. For more information on our boats click here
All prices include meals, and complimentary coffee, hot tea, lemonade and water are available all day. We do not serve alcohol and respectfully ask that you do not bring your own on board.
Due to the lack of galley space and the variety of individual dietary needs, we are very limited on what we can store and serve. We have an option for vegetarians on both of our cruises. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate other dietary needs at this time. If you have other dietary needs or are concerned about meals, please bring your own items to eat. We have microwaves and boiling water on board, and our crew will help you with their use. Small coolers are welcome on board as well.
On our 6-hour Columbia Glacier Cruise, we serve a bowl of clam chowder with a bagel, cream cheese and cookies. We offer a vegetarian soup option as well.
On our 7.5-hour Meares Glacier Excursion, we serve a bagel in the morning, and a hot lunch consisting of chicken alfredo on a bed of rice, steamed vegetables, dinner roll and cookies. For vegetarians, we simply leave the chicken off the plate.
We welcome children of all ages on our cruises!
Rates for children ages 3-12 are one-half of the adult rates. Children two or under are free and must be included on the reservation. We encourage parents to bring snacks and lunch items for their children if the meals we serve will not be satisfactory for your family. Families are also encouraged to bring proper items to keep their kids comfortable and entertained during the day.
We will do our best to accommodate small strollers but, depending on available space, room to set up a stroller may be limited.
We can accommodate travelers with physical disabilities/limitations. However, in the case of extreme tidal swings, there may be limitations regarding boarding the vessel. Please notify us in advance so we can be sure to accommodate you and your travel companions.
Licensed service animals are the only animals allowed on board.
No, there is no smoking of any kind or substance permitted on our vessels.
Our galleys offer complimentary coffee, tea, water and lemonade. Snacks, sodas and hot chocolate are available for purchase.
Our boats have a small gift store with small souvenirs and gift items. For a larger collection of t-shirts, hoodies, coats, hats and other gifts, please visit our office store.
Our vessels have three restrooms on board. There is one wheelchair accessible restroom on each vessel.
Our vessels operate with cash only. We appreciate you bringing small bills to complete transactions.
Please park along North Harbor Drive. Parking here is free for the day.
For larger vehicles, please park at the far end of the boat harbor in longer parking spaces.
There are many hotels, bed & breakfasts, RV parks, and cabin rentals in Valdez. Please visit www.valdezalaska.org to learn more about overnight accommodations and other local businesses.
- Check-in for all tours begins one (1) hour prior to departure. We begin boarding the tours 30 minutes before departure and leave promptly as scheduled.
- We recommend that all guests bring binoculars, cameras, camera batteries and plenty of memory card space.
- Outlets are available on board for recharging.
- We recommend that customers dress in warm layers of clothes, as the temperature at the glaciers will be approximately 48 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celsius). A hat, gloves, and a windproof or waterproof coat are suggested.
- Special dietary requests should be made at the time of booking. We can accommodate some, but not all dietary needs. By checking with us in advance you will be able to better prepare for your day.
- Though we serve meals and have a small snack selection on board, guests are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Free transfers from RV parks in Valdez are available upon request.