Can children travel on board? What are their rates?
We welcome children of all ages on all of our trips! Child rates are one-half of the adult rates, ages 3-12. Children 2 or under free. We encourage parents to bring snacks and lunch items for their children if the meals we serve will not be satisfactory for your family.
How big are the boats and how many people can they hold?
We have two vessels. We have
What are the meals, are they included, and is there a vegetarian option?
All prices include meals as well as coffee, hot tea, lemonade and water all day long. We do not serve alcohol and respectfully ask that you do not bring your own on board.
Dietary needs are life needs and we understand that. However, due to the lack of
On our 6-hour Columbia Glacier Cruise, we serve a bowl of clam chowder with a bagel, cream cheese, and cookies. We offer a minestrone soup option for vegetarians.
On our 8.5-hour Meares Glacier
Where can I stay in Valdez?
There are many, many hotels, bed & breakfasts, RV parks, and cabin rentals. Please visit www.valdezalaska.org to learn about the other businesses in Valdez.
Helpful Hints & Suggestions
- Check-in for all tours begins One (1) hour prior to departure. We begin boarding the tours 30 minutes before departure and leave promptly as scheduled.
- We recommend that all guests bring binoculars, cameras, camera batteries, and plenty of memory card space.
- We recommend that customers dress in warm layers of clothes, as the temperatures at the glaciers will generally be in the mid
40’s. A light hat, light gloves, and a windor waterproof coat is never a bad idea.
- We are able to accommodate travelers with physical disabilities/limitations. Please mention any needs to us at the time of booking so we can accommodate you.
- Special dietary requests should be made at the time of booking. We can accommodate some but not all dietary needs. By checking with us in advance you will be able to better prepare for your day.
- Though we serve meals and have a small snack board, guests are welcome to bring a few snacks if they feel that they will need them.
- Free transfers from RV Parks in Valdez upon request.
- Outlets are available onboard for recharging camera batteries.
- All Stan Stephens Glacier & Wildlife Cruises vessels are smoke-free.
- We will do our best to accommodate small strollers for children but depending on the vessel and the day space at times to set up a stroller may be limited.