Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – Your Safety is Our Priority.
Our family at Stan Stephens Cruises prioritizes the health and safety of our guests, co-workers, and the community we call home – Valdez.
No Operations in 2020
On June 2, Stan Stephens Cruises canceled all tours for the 2020 operations season.
The Stan Stephens Cruises family has been sharing the wonders of Prince William Sound with guests since 1971. This summer, on their 49th year of operations, they will pause service due to COVID-19.
Two main items were considered when we made this decision:
- Protection of health for our coworkers, their families, our potential guests and our fellow Valdez residents. Even with proper screening of coworkers and travelers the possible exposure and risk is great. The last thing we want is for our operations to task the health resources in Valdez.
- Economics. After careful analysis it is wiser for us to not operate in 2020 and to preserve our resources and plan for healthy 2021.
All direct bookings are cancelled and fully refunded. Guests have been sent emails to this effect. If you have questions about your travel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking Towards 2021
Stan Stephens Cruises is looking forward to May of 2021 when we can once again host guests on Prince William Sound.
We encourage you to dream and plan your next adventure to Valdez and Prince William Sound.
Our reservation system for 2021 is now accessible.
In 2021 we will be operating with increased procedures that are outlined by our Operations and Mitigation Plan. This plan will be updated continually as we monitor COVID-19. As the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, as well as travel partners and professional associations make new recommendations, we will update this plan. We know our plans will include:
- Increased and scheduled sanitation of all counters, restrooms and food service areas on vessels.
- Increased sanitation of surfaces in transportation vans.
- Additional hand sanitation facilities on vessels and shore side operations.
- Enhanced training for staff on personal hygiene and continue to encourage staff to remain home and take proper precautions if they have any health issues.
- Enhanced training and services for staff to support any traveler who may develop symptoms while on board.
Safe Travel Tips and Information
We would like to encourage all travelers to make decisions based on the valuable information available from trusted resources. Please use the following guidelines as you travel and use the following resources to make your decisions.
- Take steps to keep yourself healthy as you travel. Stay hydrated, rest plenty, eat well and take your medications and supplements as you would at home.
- Practice good hygiene: Please wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds. When handwashing is not an option, please use hand sanitizers.
- Avoid from touching your face: This includes eyes, mouth and nose, and clean your hands immediately after.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, a disposable paper or the like.
- Monitor your health. If you exhibit symptoms such as a dry cough, challenges breathing or fever, please reduce your contact with other guests. Booking policies are flexible based on emergencies.
The following are a few trusted sources that we encourage you to use as you make your travel decisions:
- US Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organizations
- State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Service
We look forward to safe journeys into Prince William Sound in 2021.