Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – Your Safety is Our Priority.
Updated September 2022
Our family at Stan Stephens Cruises prioritizes the health and safety of our guests, co-workers, and the community we call home – Valdez.
In 2023 we will be operating with increased procedures that are outlined by our Operations and Mitigation Plan. This plan will be updated continually as we monitor COVID-19. As the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, as well as travel partners and professional associations make new recommendations, we will update this plan. We know our plans will include:
Hygiene and General Health
- Sanitation stations will be available at our office, waiting areas, and on each deck of the boats.
- Hand washing sinks are found in each head/restroom.
- All employees are encouraged receive the COVID-19 Vaccine. Currently 100% of our staff are vaccinated.
- Guests and employees will not travel or report to work if they show signs of any illnesses or signs of COVID-19.
Masks/Face Coverings will be strongly encouraged in transportation van, office, indoor spaces.
Masks/Face Coverings are strongly recommended, not mandated. We appreciate your assistance in wearing a mask/covering to help us protect our crew, fellow passengers, community.
If you do not have a mask/face covering, we do have disposable masks for use at no charge.
- Increased and scheduled sanitation of all counters, restrooms and food service areas on vessels.
- Increased sanitation of surfaces in transportation vans.
- Additional hand sanitation facilities on vessels and shore side operations.
- Enhanced training for staff on personal hygiene and continue to encourage staff to remain home and take proper precautions if they have any health issues.
- Enhanced training and services for staff to support any traveler who may develop symptoms while on board.
Safe Travel Tips and Information
We would like to encourage all travelers to make decisions based on the valuable information available from trusted resources. Please use the following guidelines as you travel and use the following resources to make your decisions.
- Take steps to keep yourself healthy as you travel. Stay hydrated, rest plenty, eat well and take your medications and supplements as you would at home.
- Practice good hygiene: Please wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds. When handwashing is not an option, please use hand sanitizers.
- Avoid from touching your face: This includes eyes, mouth and nose, and clean your hands immediately after.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, a disposable paper or the like.
- Monitor your health. If you exhibit symptoms such as a dry cough, challenges breathing or fever, please reduce your contact with other guests. Booking policies are flexible based on emergencies.
The following are a few trusted sources that we encourage you to use as you make your travel decisions:
- US Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organizations
- State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Service
We look forward to safe journeys into Prince William Sound.