The community of Valdez is often referred to as the “Switzerland of Alaska” because the mountains surround the town in 360 degrees and raise straight from the sea. Many travelers choose to add Valdez as a destination to visit because of the amazing activities and attractions in the community. But once they are here they stay longer simply due to the warm welcome they receive from the residents.
When in Valdez guests can choose from a variety of activities including:
- Glacier & Wildlife Sightseeing
- Sea and Fresh Water Kayaking
- Glacier Trekking and Ice Climbing
- Helicopter Flightseeing
- Visiting our three museums or the Solomon Gulch Fish Hatchery
- Sport Fishing and Competing in our Fishing Derbies
- Hiking the miles of local, mountain and coastal trails
- Biking the coastal bike trail or mountain hills
For more information on all of these activities in Valdez and to learn more about our lodging and RV Parks please visit the Valdez Convention and Visitors Bureau ».